As you are probably aware, warts are one of the most irritating and uncomfortable aesthetic issues. They represent tiny (but visible) skin growths that usually occur on the hands and the fingers.
In most cases warts appear due to the presence of viruses or they are transmitted by physical contact. What is interesting is that they come in many different shapes like:
Tan, pink, white or warts with the same color as our flesh
Fleshy, small growths
Warts with dark pinpoints (blocked blood vessels)
How to Use Duct Tape to Get Rid of Warts
In this article we will reveal a natural remedy that is believed to be one of the most efficient homemade natural remedies for getting rid of warts. This natural treatment is based on some initial scientific studies and includes the use of silver duct tape.
The scientific study included about 60 individuals who were dealing with warts. Some of them followed cryotherapy while others used duct tape. After 60 days, the group that used silver duct tape experienced 85% success rate in wart elimination. On the other hand, less than 60% of the group that followed cryotherapy was able to get rid of warts.
So, What Exactly Should We Do to Eliminate Warts?
First of all, you must place silver duct tape directly on the wart for 6 days. After that, put the wart in water and soak it and in the end carefully rub the dead skin cells with the help of a pumice stone. It is important to take a break for 12-13 hours before you perform the same procedure. You can do this until the warts are completely gone.
According to Dr. Julian Whitaker, people must be patient because in some cases it will take more time for this method to work.
If you want to reduce the chances of developing common warts, follow these tips:
Avoid direct contact with people with warts
Eviscerating has proven to support the spread of viruses. Don’t eviscerate the warts.
Don’t use the nail clipper or pumice stone that you regularly use on the warts.
Don’t bite the fingernails because warts often occur in places where the skin is broken or damaged.
Don’t forget to visit your doctor’s office in case the skin growths become achy or too sensitive. You should also talk to a doctor if you find certain modification in the color of warts or their physical appearance.
Finally, if the warts are growing and coming back all the time, it is the right time to go to the doctor’s office. We should not forget that in some cases there are growths that are not actually warts, so if you are not sure consult an expert.
In case you are like most people then you definitely don’t pay much attention to the condition of your ankles.
However, latest studies suggest that your ankles health can significantly affect your overall health.
According to Bruce Mack, fitness expert, the aging process combined with years of physical inactivity makes our ankles less flexible, mobile and limits the range of motion.
In a situation where your ankles cannot perform a range of motion of 360 degrees like they are supposed to, the knees (which serve as a joints for stabilization that helps the legs move forward and back) must perform side-to-side movement.
Mack says that this is the main source of knee pain in cases like this and gradually this unnatural motion will result in hip pain too.
We should now forget that every body part is connected and in case the joints are not functioning properly then the entire body will feel the consequences.
The good news is that healing these rusty ankles is not difficult. The mobility of our ankles is something that we can improve.
By performing these three easy curative movements, three times a week you will be able to boost flexibility and return the natural properties of your knees.
1. Swinging Squat
Lower your body in the lowest squat position and keep the feet in line with your shoulders. At the same time, keep your hands together in front of you and press the elbows against the inner side of your knees. Bend your body to the left side, and then slowly rock back to the right side. Keep rocking from one side to the other for half a minute.
2. Three Point Half-Kneeling Flexibility Exercise
Begin this exercise in a typical half kneeling position facing a wall. Feel free to use a foam roller in order to maintain balance. At the same time, bent your knees at 90 degrees and place it over the ankle. Keep the front heel on the ground, bend your hips and weight in the direction of the wall until the front part of your knee presses the wall. Remain in this position for five seconds and after that get back to the initial position. Perform this exercise two more times and switch the sides every time.
3. Soft Tissue Exercise for Feet’s Bottom with the Help of a Tennis Ball
Take a tennis ball and put it right under your foot while you are standing. Use your foot to roll the ball from the beginning to the end of your foot. Once you identify a sensitive spot, keep the ball in this position for a few seconds and put some pressure with the help of your weight. Use the tennis ball on each foot for about one minute.
Gum disease is not uncommon in modern men and women and we can blame many things about its occurrence. If you are looking for a way to combat gum disease, you can always rely on making some changes in your diet and start following a healthy, natural diet.
The vast majority of people all over the world is dealing with certain kinds of gum disease or gum problems and by healing this health issue you will be able to boost your oral health. In addition, treating gum disease will also improve your overall health.
The following is a list of some efficient methods for boosting gum health:
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil comes with strong antiseptic properties that are able to speed up the process of healing in cases of gum disease. Use this oil on the gums. In this way you will soothe the swelling and gradually eliminate the symptoms of this disease.
2. Lemon Juice
Make lemon juice from one medium-sized lemon. After that, add a small amount of salt to it. Mix the ingredients well in order to get a natural paste. Put this paste on the toothbrush, use it to brush the teeth and in the end, use lukewarm water to rinse your mouth.
Now here’s a good example of a natural ingredient for soothing inflammation. Create a paste by taking one teaspoon of organic honey and one teaspoon of turmeric powder and by mixing these ingredients well. Use the paste directly on the gums and teeth. Wait for three minutes and after that, rinse the mouth with lukewarm water. Perform this procedure before bedtime on a daily basis.
4. Coconut Oil
Numerous scientific studies have confirmed the powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of this oil. That’s exactly how coconut oil can keep your gums safe from coconut oil on the gums.
5. Garlic Oil
Take the garlic oil and use it directly on the gums. It is not unusual to experience some tingling, but don’t wash the oil right away. Wait for a few minutes in order to feel the effects. In the end, use lukewarm water to rinse your mouth.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been used as a remedy for treating swollen and bleeding gums for hundreds of years. The best idea is to use Aloe Vera gel directly on the gums and wait for a few minutes. Perform this simple procedure until you notice improvement.
7. Baking Soda
This common household product can also help you with gum disease. Create a paste with the help of a small amount of water and one tablespoon of baking soda. Use your finger to put it directly on the gums. You will be amazed by the results.
Apple cider vinegar has been used as a food additive and medicine over 10,000 years ago. This vinegar is considered to heal a lot of health issues, from warts to colds.
Despite the lack of scientific proofs that apple cider vinegar possesses health benefits, experts believe that it actually does possesses.
Hippocrates, the father of medicine, has used this vinegar to cure high blood pressure, arthritis, allergies, and many other health issues in 400 B.C. Roman soldiers, Japanese Samurai, and military groups had been using it as antibacterial, antiseptic, and energizer.
1. Heartburn: To treat heartburn symptoms, mix 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with some water, and for a sweeter taste add a little honey
2. Clear Skin: Apply some of this vinegar on your face using a washcloth to heal acne and acne scars, as well as to remove the excess oil on your face
3. Antifungal: You can apply the vinegar on the affected area, as well as soak the area in a 1:5 ratio mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, for about 30 minutes a day.
4. Sore Muscles: Prepare a mixture of 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar with some water and drink it for pain relief, or you can also rub some vinegar directly to your sore muscles.
5. Anti-Itching Means: Just apply some apple cider vinegar to your skin in case of itchiness, poison ivy, or jellyfish. You will be amazed by the results.
6. Insulin Sensitivity: According to numbers of studies, apple cider vinegar helps in the diabetes. It was shown that consuming this vinegar enhances the insulin sensitivity to meals with high amounts of carbohydrates, thus reducing the level rise of blood sugar.
7. Clear Sinuses: Add some apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it. This will have antibacterial results on your throat so it might reduce and thin out the mucus.
8. Lymph Circulation: If you consume this vinegar on a regular basis, it will detoxify your body and increase your immune system. Add half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a lemon water or some tea, and take this drink every morning.
9. Energy Booster: Put some of this vinegar in your morning smoothie, or juice.
10. Facial Toner: You can add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in a little water, and you will get a facial toner. Apply the mixture to your face using a cotton ball. Although its smell is a bit strong, it will quickly evaporate and will definitely enhance your complexion. For best results, do this procedure every day.
11. Sunburn: Add 1 or 2 cups of this vinegar to your bath and soak for about 10 minutes. It will cool and soothe your sunburnt skin, as well as will restore the pH of your skin.
12. Teeth Whitening: You can use apple cider vinegar to whiten your teeth by applying it directly on them, and washing them with water. However, you shouldn’t do this often as it might damage your tooth enamel. You can as well dilute the vinegar in water and use it as a mouthwash for a more gentle approach.
13. All Purpose Cleaner: As apple cider vinegar is double fermented, it is a great detoxifier. You can eliminate the unnecessary chemicals in your home by combining water and apple cider vinegar in 1:1 ratio, and adding few drops of some essential oil. Put this mixture in a spray bottle and you have made your own cleaner.
14. Odor Remover: Apple cider vinegar is capable of destroying bacteria in your home that cause unpleasant odors. Mix water and this vinegar in 1:1 ratio and put it in a spray bottle, which you will use in the rooms with bad odor.
15. Weed Killer: Make your own weed killer by mixing apple cider vinegar with water, dish soap, salt, and if you like lemon juice.
16. Dandruff: Combine equal amounts of the vinegar and water and after shampooing, spray it on your hair with the help of a spray bottle. After 15 minutes, rinse your hair. Repeat the procedure for a couple of days until you notice the dandruff has completely disappeared. To maintain your hair clean, do this once a week.
17. Sore Throat: This vinegar is beneficial in the treatment of colds and similar ailments because of its antibacterial effects. Add 1 tbsp. of the vinegar, 3 tbsp. of natural honey, and 1 tbsp. of cayenne pepper to a glass of warm water. The antibacterial effects from the vinegar and honey will shorten the recovery and the hot pepper will sooth the pain as it has capsaicin in its content.
18. Foot Odor: Pour apple cider vinegar in a bowl, and soak baby wipes in it. Put them in a plastic bag and store them in the fridge. The next morning they will be ready to use, but you can use them whenever you need to. You can use these wipes as an underarm deodorant too.
19. Burns: Apply some of this vinegar on the burned area as it will stimulate the healing, soothe the pain, and disinfect the area. Never apply apple cider vinegar to open wounds.
20. Bruises: Apply blend of warm apple cider vinegar and a tbsp. of salt to bruises.
21. Bad Breath: Add a tbsp. of this vinegar in a cup of water to prepare an anti-bad breath mixture, and gargle with it about 10 seconds.
22. Aftershave: You can use mixture of this vinegar with water in equal amounts, for an after shaving treatment.
23. Gas and Constipation: Add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in a tea and drink prior to a meal. This combination will activate HCI – hydrochloric acid (digestive juices) which will help in the digestion.
24. Flea Repellent (pets): Apple cider vinegar is a great flea repellent. You can either apply it directly to the skin of your dog, or spray it over its fur and in its bed using a spray bottle.
25. Skin Tags, Warts, Moles: Soak a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar and apply it on your wart, mole, or skin tag and secure it by using a medical tape. Allow it to stay during the night, and after removing it wash the area. You should do this procedure every day until your problem disappears completely.
26. Condiment Enhancer: With this vinegar you can savor condiments. Add little apple cider vinegar to vinaigrettes, marinades, and sauces. For an excellent veggie dressing, mix the vinegar with lemon juice. Moreover, you can prepare a simple topping for salads and meat by mixing it with fresh herbs and olive oil.
27. Combine It with Fruit Juice: You can mix small quantity of fresh pressed vinegar(not varieties you can buy in stores) with grape juice or similar to it.
28. Soups: Small quantity of apple cider vinegar in your soup gives an extra punch.
29. Baked Goods: To raise your baked goods, add a bit of apple cider vinegar, which won’t be noticeable.
30. Urine Smell in Clothes: To remove the urine smell out of your clothes, just add half a cup of this vinegar to the washing machine.
31. Upset Stomach: This vinegar can be beneficial for your upset stomach due to its antibiotic properties and the sustained pectin. To make your own stomach soothing drink, mix 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger water, 8 oz. of sparkling water, and for a better taste you can include honey too. Once you begin to feel bloated, dilute a little amount of this mixture in a glass of water and drink it.
32. Prevent Your Pet Chew Your Things: Since most animals don’t like the smell of vinegar, you can apply some on the things that your pet is usually chewing, such as couches, cords, etc. You can as well use it to clean the areas in your home where your pet might pee, to prevent it from doing it again.
33. Detox Bath: essential oil. You can as well add ginger, sea salt, and baking soda for further relaxation and detoxification.
34. Cramping: For a cramp relief, rub some apple cider vinegar on the affected area.
35. Hair Detangler: Combine this vinegar and water in equal amounts and spray on your hair while you are brushing it using a spray bottle.
36. Liver Detoxification: Add 1 to 2 tbsp. of this vinegar in 8 ounces of water and consume this drink before breakfast. Moreover, eat fruits and organic vegetables on a regular basis.
37. Candida: This vinegar helps in the treatment of candida because of the enzymes it contains. Take half a tbsp. twice a day.
38. Dish Detergent: To cleanse grease, put some of this vinegar in your dishwater.
39. Relieves Gout: Take 2 to 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, two to three times a day to alleviate gout.
40. Add It to Bone Broth: Put few tablespoons of this vinegar in your bone broth, to add additional detox power.
41. Weight Loss: This vinegar reduces the retention of water in the body as well as the appetite, due to the presence of acetic acid. If you want to accelerate the process of weight loss, add half a tablespoon of this vinegar to a fresh lemon water, and drink it every morning prior to breakfast.
42. Shiny Hair: For an extra shiny hair, rinse your hair (after shampooing) with a mix of the vinegar and water in equal amounts.
43. Hand and Food Massage: To soothe stiff muscles, massage your hands and feet with this vinegar.
44. Alkalization: Regular consumption of this vinegar will maintain the alkaline pH level in your body, which will prevent development of various diseases.
45. Wash Fruits and Vegetables: Washing your fruits and vegetables with apple cider vinegar will remove any chemicals or pesticides sprayed on them prior to their harvesting.
46. Neutralizes Spices: If you have accidentally put too many shakes of spaces while cooking, add a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to restore the taste.
47. Flytrap: To attract and destroy fruit flies, pour some of the vinegar in a bowl, and add a drop of dish soap, and place the bowl on the counter.
48. Exercise Fatigue: Our body produces lactic acid after training, which results in fatigue. The amino acids in this vinegar eliminate this type of exhaustion. Mix 1 tablespoon of the vinegar with 1 cup of water and drink it after training.
49. Yeast Infection: Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar in your bath, and soak for 20 minutes period.
50. Allergies: To protect yourself from various allergies, mix 1 tablespoon of this vinegar, 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey, and water, and consume it on a daily basis.
Nowadays, it’s very easy to take a pill for every condition and disease we have, whether that’s connected to our bones, knees, joints, feet, and neck. However, is it really necessary taking all kinds of synthetic remedies even for the minor injuries? Instead of using pharmaceutical drugs, look for natural alternatives.
The therapy we suggest incorporates gelatin, and it guarantees incredible results within couple of weeks. Look for a high-quality food gelatin from the vast number of products with added sugar or flavors.
Right before bed, drink a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of gelatin diluted in it. You can use yogurt or fresh juices instead of water. Since the mixture will start to thicken while stirring it, you can use a spoon for consuming it, together with milk and cereals. If you suffer from more serious illnesses, take the gelatin dose twice a day.
In a week time, your pain will vanish and your joints will have greater mobility. The treatments with gelatin normally last for 4 to 6 weeks. Gelatin has miraculous effects on elderly and people with difficult moving.
Gelatin is obtained through hydrolysis of the protein collagen, which is the base of animal tendons, bone, and cartilage. Although even unaware, people consume it through foods such as meat, gummy candy, jellies, and dairy. Gelatin goes under the name of E441. Collagen production is affected by the aging process, leading to interconnected microfibers in our body, which results in lowered flexibility.
This is the reason why elderly experience pain and troubles while moving. This is exactly where gelatin should take place. These are few of the incredible benefits of gelatin to our body:
Strengthens and stimulates nail growth
Improves skin elasticity and wipes out skin aging marks
Boosts metabolism, reduces cellulite appearance, and relieves allergies.
The information that gelatin is most commonly produced from cattle and pigs can be usually found on the labels.
About 3 out of 10 Americans are dealing with insomnia. About 10% of them claim that they can feel the direct results of this health issue during the day. In other words, nearly 35% of Americans don’t sleep enough and this issue is affecting the lives of millions of Americans on a daily basis. About 50% of American adults claim that they think that they are not sleeping enough.
There are a huge number of Americans who are using pharmaceutical drugs to fight sleeplessness and there is no doubt that the pharmaceutical industry is making huge profits by selling these so-called sleeping pills. Even though these pills can provide positive effects, these effects are only temporary. They don’t address the root of the problem and long-term use can lead to severe side effects.
The good news is that there is an efficient, completely natural way to fight insomnia and sleeplessness and you don’t have to experience any of the side effects usually associated with sleeping pills. Before we share this natural solution, it is the best idea to learn more about sleep deprivation.
Sleep Deprivation and Insomnia
Unfortunately, thousands of people are diagnosed with insomnia each year. Insomnia is described as inability to sleep caused by different things like waking up in the middle of the night, problems falling asleep, waking up much earlier than needed or having low quality sleep.
The direct causes of insomnia are a mixture of social, biological and psychological factors or only one of these factors. Hypertension, depression, anxiety, stress and medical issues are some of the main factors that contribute to the occurrence of insomnia.
This medical condition is not the same as sleep deprivation. Insomnia is characterized by having all the adequate resources and proper environment where an individual can sleep, but certain internal markers don’t allow that person to sleep. On the other hand, sleep deprivation can be triggered by insomnia, but it can also be triggered by specific external factors including physical discomfort, loud noises, bright lights etc.
Even though the main causes of sleep deprivation and insomnia are not the same, they lead to the same result – lack of sleep. If you don’t get sufficient amount of sleep, this practice can lead to many different uncomfortable symptoms that have a direct impact on your everyday life. This is a short list of some of these symptoms:
Anger and bad temper
Lack of concentration
Fatigue throughout the day
Reduced cognitive functions
Migraines and/or headaches
Lack of energy
Nausea and digestive problems.
All these symptoms should not be viewed as some kind of minor problems, the fact is that they have the potential to lead to many serious problems and this is especially true in cases where the individual dealing with these symptoms is involved in activities like driving, operating machinery etc.
People between the age of 40 and 60 as well as the elderly are the category of people with higher risk of developing insomnia. In addition, it seems that women have greater chances of developing insomnia compared to men. In case you are part of the risky group or you have noticed any of the aforementioned symptoms of insomnia (especially lack of sleep), then you must perform insomnia tests.
Side Effects Associated with Sleeping Pills
Even though sleeping pills help most people fall asleep, at the same time, most of them bring many serious side effects that are much more serious than the symptoms and signs of insomnia. In order to understand how dangerous these side effects can be, we have prepared a list of the most common side effects associated with sleeping pills:
Eating significantly more food or less food
Tingling or burning sensation in the legs or arms
Difficulty managing balance
Dry throat and mouth
Mental issues associated with memory and attention
Shaking that cannot be controlled
Stomach tenderness and aches
As you can see, the side effects that come from sleeping pills outnumber the side effects of lack of sleep. This is another reason why you should think twice before using sleeping pills.
The reason why this list of side effects is long can be linked to the way sleeping pills work. They are actually depressing our central nervous system and this triggers different reactions in our body. Another thing that makes most of these pills potentially dangerous is that they are highly addictive. Many people have ruined or even lost their lives as a result of sleeping pills addiction.
How Can Nutmeg Help You Fight Sleep Deprivation and Insomnia?
It turns out that nutmeg is an excellent natural remedy for treating sleep deprivation and insomnia. Nutmeg is packed with myristicin, a very useful organic substance that blocks the production of enzymes that lead to stress. As you probably know, stress is one of the main factors that lead to insomnia which means that nutmeg can help us get the much needed good night’s sleep.
A few scientific studies have confirmed that nutmeg is a strong natural sedative. Both sleep deprivation and insomnia sufferers can benefit from this. Individuals who are dealing with insomnia that simply can’t fall asleep can accelerate this process and those with sleep deprivation caused by external factors can overcome the problems and sleep better.
Our advice is to mix ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg powder and one cup of tap water and consuming this beverage about one hour before bedtime. Even though there are many people who say that high amounts of nutmeg can lead to hallucinations and other psychological issues, the fact is that there is no solid evidence to confirm these claims. Of course, in case you are worried about this, you can always consume smaller amounts of nutmeg.
Please try this natural remedy and share your experience with us. You can also recommend it to people close to you dealing with sleep deprivation and insomnia.
Not while ago a group of scientists has analyzed and scanned the brains of a group of volunteers who were given LSD and what they have found was incredible.
However, they have not taken these drugs in a regular way. LSD is usually taken orally, but the volunteers accepted to get an injection filled with 75 grams of this drug. Thanks to the scanning images, scientists had the chance to see clearly what is going on in the brains of these people and what kind of effects does this drug actually bring.
Thanks to this research, scientists mapped the amazing changes and modifications in the human brain and this helped them understand the feeling of oneness a distinctive feeling described by LSD users.
The scans they’ve made have shown some significant changes in the brain’s structure that came as a result of the psychedelic activity of LSD. But, what these scientists didn’t know before is that the changes affected more than the human visual cortex. They have realized that LSD can get different brain regions together. In other words, distinctive brain regions that don’t interact with each other had this chance under the influence of LSD.
What is even more interesting is that the sense of oneness that LSD users describe was seen in the process of disconnection in regions that are usually connected.
According to Dr. David Nutt, reputable scientist and neuropsychopharmacology professor at the Impreial College in London, this discovery can be compared to the identification of Higgs boson in particle physics. In the past, researchers were not aware of the exact processes that are going on in the brain. Many scientists didn’t have the courage or simply didn’t want to pass all the barriers in order to perform this study.
LSD or lysergic acid diethylamide was artificially synthesized back in 1938. It didn’t take much time before this drug was banned and the ongoing research and analysis of this drug was almost impossible or discouraged. In order to get funds for the scientific study, professor Nutt and his team including Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris used The Beckley Foundation and crowdfunding. The aforementioned foundation is focused on research of different types of psychoactive compounds.
According to Carhart-Harris, this research helped them identify additional brain areas and regions than usually and participants has clear visual experiences although their eyes were shut. When it comes to the feeling of oneness and identity crisis, Carhart-Harris said that the experience is often linked to some kind of spiritual or religious moment and there is some evidence that once the effects of LSD are lowered people experience enhanced wellbeing.
Regions in human brain associated with hearing, vision, movement and attention tend to connect and bond more than usual when people are tripping on LSD. They get a feeling that their brain is more unified. However, the retrosplenial and parahippocampus areas lose their typical connection.
The scientists are convinced that their breakthrough will lead to changes in drug policy in many countries especially the regulation of the use of substances and compounds related to LSD because they have the ability to help in psychological disorder treatments. Nutt also highlighted LSD’s potential to end dangerous thought patterns linked to depression and addiction.
Besides this scientific study, there were few others in the past that have shown the great therapeutic potential of psychedelics. But, the constant negative campaigns against drugs even against marijuana are still very strong despite the fact that some of these drugs can safe people’s health and lives.
Coconut oil is one of the fastest growing foods in terms of popularity. It seems that this special oil is becoming popular in every part of the world because more people discover the health benefits of coconut oil consumption and use.
Coconut oil is associated with many benefits including improvement of skin health, lowering and soothing allergies, boosting digestion and preparing all-natural toothpaste. So, it is no surprise why so many people have it in their kitchen.
But, have you ever wondered whether you can give coconut oil to your pets? It turns out that coconut oil is not beneficial only for humans. By adding coconut oil on your dog’s daily menu you can bring many health benefits in your furry friend and many of them are similar like the ones experienced by humans.
Coconut Oil for Dogs: Health Benefits
According to some statistics, there are more than 530 million pet dogs all over the planet. Many people claim that they simply can’t live without their pets and that’s why most of them are taking good care of their pet buddies. By using coconut oil in the diet of your dog, you can drastically boost its health.
There are many naturopaths and nutritionists who believe that coconut oil is able to:
Slightly speed up the metabolism
Keeps your dog safe from ailments
Generate more energy and vitality
Sterilize cuts and accelerate wound healing
Boost dog’s coat and skin
Lower the intensity of allergic reactions
Soothe inflammation or ligament problems
Assist the removal of coughing and hairballs
Help your dog eliminate bad breath
Keep in mind that these are only some of the health benefits of coconut oil when it is used by your dog. Now let’s see what makes this oil so special.
The health benefits of coconut oil originate from the Medium Chain Triglycerides or simply MCTs that are one of the basic elements of this oil. On the other hand, lauric acid which is the active ingredient of MCTs provides strong antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal effects and caprylic and capric acids two other ingredients found in medium chain triglycerides have strong antifungal properties.
With the help of MCT which is metabolized fast, the health benefits of the aforementioned acid work fast and lead in a myriad of improvements. In other words, the dog gets the benefits in the same way as its owner.
Dr. Karen Becker, who works as a naturopathic veterinarian doctor, says that MCTs have the ability to boost metabolism of brain energy and lower the accumulation of amyloid protein which is a common occurrence in old dogs. Becker suggests giving a quarter of teaspoon of coconut oil for every ten pounds of weight, two times a day. In addition, she also says that this amount should be increased slowly each week until you reach the highest dosage. So, how can we include coconut oil in our pet’s diet in the simplest way?
Dog Treats Based on Coconut Oil
The fact is that there is more than one good way to include coconut oil in the pet’s diet. However, many dog owners agree that the easiest and simplest way is to make treats.
These treats based on coconut oil are actually a mixture of the health benefits of MCTs and organic foods.
Half a cup of raw coconut flour
Two medium-sized sweet potatoes (cooked and cooled)
Half a cup of organic coconut oil (use room temperature)
A quarter a cup of gelatin powder (organic)
Two tablespoons of filtered water
One organic egg
Begin by turning the oven to 350 F. Take one relatively large mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients well. In case you are not sure whether the consistency is right, you can use additional amount of coconut flour. The dough you get must have the same consistency as regular Play Dough.
Shape dough in order to get balls with the size of a golf ball and after that flatten these balls. Bake for about twenty minutes or at least until the edges turn golden. After that, remove them from the heat and wait until they are cooled. Put them in an container and place them in a refrigerator when you want to store them. They last for a few weeks.
What Kind of Coconut Oil Should be Used?
Now that you know all the health benefits that coconut oil can bring to your dog, we should only give you a suggestion about the type of oil you should use. The fact is that every organic coconut oil brand found in stores is perfect. But, in case you want a less expensive solution for your dog, you can use some unrefined oil too.
If you perform a short research on the Internet, you will probably notice that the World Wide Web is flooded with different types of diets promising fast fat burning. So, if you want to find a diet that really works, it is really easy to get confused.
In order to save you some time and money, we have decided to share one very simple method of losing fat and weight. With this home remedy you can get rid of all excess fat, but it is especially effective for the fat found in the thighs, hips and belly.
Ginger water is a natural remedy that is prepared and used easily. So, you don’t need several expensive ingredients and spending hours while preparing the remedy. Many people will be surprised that something simple like a solution made of ginger and water can provide such good results, but the fact is that this remedy works and it can burn fat quickly.
What makes ginger water different than the majority of weight loss remedies is the fact that it brings many other health benefits. Most people are aware of the fact that ginger is a spice and herb that provides strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Ginger is also loaded with antioxidants. Alternative medicine practitioners advise the use of ginger for different ailments starting from nausea to cancer and diabetes.
So, before we share the recipe for the natural weight loss remedy, let’s discuss the other health benefits of taking ginger water.
Ginger Water Keeps Us Safe from Cancer and Other Serious Diseases Linked to Inflammation
Numerous scientific studies have confirmed that ginger has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which make this spice a great weapon against the development of different types of cancer. Ginger can also block the growth of tumors and expansion of cancer cells in the body.
Due to the fact that this herb is great fighter against inflammation, many experts point out that it can be used for prevention of different diseases related to inflammation. Osteoporosis, diabetes and metabolic syndrome are some examples of such diseases.
It Fights Swollen and Painful Joints
As we said before, ginger provides strong anti-inflammatory effects. So, by boiling certain amount of ginger in regular water and drinking the solution can aid your efforts to soothe swollen and painful joints. This is an ideal home remedy for arthritis sufferers.
Consumption of Ginger Water Keeps Our Heart Safe
Ginger water is good for your heart and cardiovascular health and there is more than one good reason for that. For example, this herb is excellent for reducing the levels of bad cholesterol. Ginger has been used for lowering hypertension and blood thinning for many centuries.
Ginger Can Slow Down the Natural Process of Aging
Foods and drinks used as anti-aging products are quite popular today. In case you are looking for an inexpensive, efficient and completely natural method to preserve the smoothness and youthfulness of your skin, you can always rely on ginger water. This solution is loaded with antioxidants that can guard the skin cells against the negative effects of free radicals.
Keep in mind that these are only few of the many health benefits that ginger and ginger water provide. The natural remedy that we will present in this article is one of the simplest remedies that can solve many health issues. Thanks to ginger water, you can forget the supplements and pills that often lead to serious side effects.
Now that you know more about ginger, it is time to highlight our remedy used for elimination of excess fat in the thighs, hips and belly. This is a common problem in modern women.
Ginger water is an excellent remedy for reducing this issue because it can lower inflammation, a condition that is related to storing extra fat in our body. In addition, thanks to its antioxidant effects, ginger can eliminate toxins from all systems and support the weight loss process. Taking one or two servings of this natural remedy each day can aid the lowering of fat concentrated in the thighs and belly. Of course, if you are following a healthy diet and you are physically active, the results will be visible much faster.
How To Prepare Ginger Water?
Two cups of ordinary water
15 pieces of ginger (sliced)
Pour two cups of regular water in a saucepan.
After that, put the sliced ginger in the saucepan.
Bring the solution to a boil.
Next, turn off the heat and wait until it reaches regular room temperature.